Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Add Social Bookmarking To Posts

A good offering from Hans at Beautiful Beta - a clear way of adding social bookmarks to your post footer.

Take a look at my example at the bottom of this post. Hover over the bookmark image and the name of its site is revealed in the row above.

The coding and full instructions are given on the Beautiful Beta blog; a site I highly regard. Remember to consider the following when installing this code:

  • Please do take heed of the warning to back up your template first - it is very easy to make mistakes when editing the template coding.
  • You need to add two pieces of code:
    • step one - to the head section (between the <head> and </head> tags in your template.
    • step two - you will need to click on 'expand widgets' above the template edit window to find the code you have to replace.
Always take care with the overall look and performance of your blog when adding extra coding and images. Too many multi colored images on a page can detract from the look of a blog and distract attention away from your writing. Too many add ins and scripts can slow the loading of your page. Neither are good for maintaining or gaining readers. I have to be careful to follow my own advice in this regard as I am always keen to add new finds.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I have successfully installed the code in my blog and I shall like to link to your tip on my next post, if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link jjoa and for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tervetuloa takaisin sosiaaliseen verkostoon! Tämä sivusto on esimerkki, miltä sinun sosiaalisen verkoston sivusto voi näyttää. http://www.naz.net

    ReplyDelete

I have removed 'nofollow' in appreciation for you taking the time to comment.